1. Facilitate communication
2. Hold meetings with all parties concerned
3. lead discussions with fairness and neutrality
4. set an arbitration process
5. listen to witnesses
6. put everything in place to examine documents
7. stick to facts and figures
8.guide the direction of negociations
What skills are crucial?
Successful mediators are intuitive, listen to everyone, show empathy, do not deny errors, accept to examine all accurate descriptions and are rarely fooled by manipulators.
Mediators who give the priority to their own tranquility and conduct their mission with an eye kept on "what could happen to me" rather than "what is fair?" should never accept that post.